Business communications training and Web design
2125 N. Pollard Street, Arlington VA 22207
Phone 703 528-7450, Fax 703 526-0578
Where did the years go?
1986-now Independent consultant, Business communications
1983-85 Industry Analyst, Information Industries, U.S.
Department of Commerce
1979-83 Manager, International Information Exchanges,
1978-79 Editor, Office of International Affairs, HUD
1973-78 Writer, U.S. Information Agency
My most valuable classes were in high school journalism
where I learned how to ask the right questions. But I also have:
Bachelor's in Communications and Public Policy, Univ.
Calif at Berkeley (1973)
Master's, George Washington Univ. (1980)
What kind of web pages have I developed?
(see portfolio on my web site)
I love to teach
- Web Design with Dreamweaver
- Web Graphics with Fireworks
- Web coding with HTML
- Accessible Web Design under Section 508
- MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Writing, editing, research, and oral communication skills
- Marriott Corporation
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Census Bureau
- U.S. Army
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Federal Reserve Board
- Yale women law students assoc.
Some of this other experience may not sound related,
but it actually is
- Course Development
- Have produced numerous PC training manuals. Familiar with Dreamweaver's
"Coursebuilder" software that expedites development of online training.Wrote
online writing course for EEI Communications.
- Desktop Publishing
- Wrote and formatted several books on business research. (see publications
list below).Have also written and formatted marketing brochures, customer
surveys, press releases, and flyers for small business clients. Have
produced community newsletters in Pagemaker.
- Managed technical information exchanges between the U.S. and Mexico.
Assessed status of U.S. computer services industry for U.S. Department
- Church Book Sale Volunteer
- Was not able to rest until all donated books about crockpot cooking
were sorted out from those on communicating with plants.
Stuff I wrote and edited. I do love putting words together!
- How to Find Information on Foreign Firms, Washington Researchers
- How to Find Financial Information on Firms, Washington Researchers
- Housing for Older Adults, National Council on Aging, Proceedings
of 1985 Conference, 1986
- Policies and Procedures Manual, Northern Virginia Psychiatric
Group, (400 page in-house document) 1989
- How to Find Information on Merger & Acquisition Targets,
Washington Researchers Ltd., 1987
- Beating the Competition: A Practical Guide to Benchmarking,
Kaiser Associates, Vienna, VA, 1988
- International Review, U.S. Dept. HUD, Quarterly Journal
My Blog: Transcend
and Include: A Call to Elevate Debate on Politics
And in my spare time
- Past President, Liberty Toastmasters club (public speaking)
- Co-founder, Colonial Terrace Community Association, 1975
- Board Member and Newsletter Editor, Circle Condominium 1980-83
- Volunteer computer instructor at Arlington County nursing homes
- Board Member, Celebration Center of Religious Science, Falls
Church, VA, 1997-00
- Languages: French--fluent, Spanish--intermediate